We are now hiring a driver for Grant County. If you are interested in driving for this area or another of the areas we serve, we invite you to contact us. Please call 701-224-1876 for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
BUS DRIVER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Drivers work under the supervision of the project Administrator, and Office Manager. They will be responsible to the Transit Association and West River Transit policies and procedures. Areas of responsibility include:
- Assisting the handicapped in boarding and dismounting of the bus.
- Supervision of routine maintenance and cleaning of the bus on a regular schedule.
- Reporting major bus breakdowns Administration so repairs can be arranged.
- Bus drivers are expected to keep up to date on First Aid & CPR procedures and PASS Training.
- No previous record of DUI on his/her driver’s license.
- The driver must be sincerely concerned about other people.
- Driver must posses a current CDL from the State of North Dakota to drive a 15-passenger bus or larger.
- Driver must stay certified in CPR and First Aid, and obtain a physical every 2 years.
- Driver will receive a two (2) week, on the job training with an experienced driver which will include instruction on the operation of the wheelchair lift, and bus mechanics, and area schedules.
- Driver will receive instruction on all paperwork administered to you from the office staff, along with program tablet training.
- Vehicle inspections will be done as required using the vehicle program tablet.
- Drivers must comply with random drug and alcohol training and testing, and complete a pre-employment drug test prior to hiring.
- Drivers will be required to participate in annual training.
- Dispatch all site schedules and route needs.
- Drivers will keep their bus clean and maintained properly.